512-740-6486 – http://KeepAustinWeirdHomes.com – Austin, TX Real Estate and Investment Specialists.
Home sales in the Austin area continued to rise in September, with the highest number of single family homes sold since 2005. 2,391 single-family homes were sold in the Austin area, which is 34 percent more than September 2012. On average, homes spent 44 days on the market, which is a decrease of 22 days from one year prior.
These numbers are even more dramatic when you review them based on geographic area. For example, we can rate an area based on “Hottness” which is the number of pending sales as a percentage of active listings. Based on this, the second hottest area in Austin this September was the area that is bordered by William Cannon Drive, I-35, Slaughter Lane, and MoPac. In this area, which includes neighborhoods such as Cherry Creek, Tanglewood Forest, Parkwood and Maple Run, the estimated length of time a home will spend on the market is just 17 days!
Visit our Facebook Page and post your guess as to what the HOTTEST area in Austin was this September, based on the number of pending sales as a percentage of active listings. The winner will receive a gift certificate to one of our favorite Austin spots!
September 2013 Statistics
- 2,391 – Single-family homes sold, 34 percent more than September 2012.
- $223,000 – Median price for single-family homes, 13 percent more than a year ago
- 44 – Average number of days single-family homes spent on the market, 22 days fewer than September 2012.
- 2,487– New single-family home listings on the market, 17 percent more than September 2012.
- 5,965 – Active single-family home listings on the market, 12 percent fewer than September 2012.
- 1,978 – Pending sales for single-family homes, 6 percent more than September 2012.
- 2.7 – Months of inventory of single-family homes, 1 month less than last year
- $688,347,381 – Total dollar volume of single-family properties sold, 47 percent more than September 2012.
Keep Austin Weird Homes
Theresa Bastian and Rodney Campbell run an Austin, TX real estate brokerage established with the intention of doing good business with good people. As Austin real estate market experts, Theresa and Rodney can help you buy, sell, lease or invest in real estate in and around Austin, TX.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU TODAY?